Saturday, November 15, 2008

8 Heads High

By Ray Gunner's request, and since I've not been writing regularly, but have been drawing instead, I'm going to post some of the sketches I've been working on. Lately, it's been proportional studies of the human figure, where I'm trying to learn the (almost always) simple whole number ratios that govern the relationship of parts of the body. In this case, the male figure is shown to be 8 heads tall (taking the figure's own head height as the modulus/unit)

1 comment:

Ignoramus said...

Thanks for meeting the request! I look forward to more. I would blog more myself, but--as you no doubt will understand--I've been depressed and moody, so I would probably write a bunch of grouchy stuff.

However, if you continue to post sketches then I will find cheerful and edifying subjects to post about over at the Ignoramus Blog.