Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Spanish Dancer

I love this time of year. Shopping at stores you don't really like to be at when nobody's there, let alone packed to the gills; decorating trees with lights that don't work and not finding that out until after they're up, because you're too impatient to get it over with that you don't check 'em beforehand; overusing the 'if you don't settle down and mind your manners or Saint Nicholas is going to leave stones in your stocking', all to no avail; and driving back and forth to Ventura 83 times a week for Nutcracker rehearsals.

At least the last part is over. Saturday and Sunday marked Emma's Nutcracker performance, and while I am really, REALLY glad the 3pm Sunday and 5pm Saturday and 6pm weekday rehearsals and practices are over, I can say it was all worth it just to snap this one fantastic, albeit now highly photoshopped, picture of my growing-up-way-too-fast little girl.

3 comments:

Stories and Sketches said...

amen to the nutcracker being over. and again i say amen.
and you're right, emma is pretty amazing...

The Vitruvian Duck said...

Oh, and you had it so much worse than we did. I must say that I really enjoyed seeing your girls up there--very, very cute.

Although, as they jingled and skipped and danced across the stage in reindeer outfits my cynical self was saying: "Yep, the Dragoos just spent $600 and 20+ hours a week going to 87 bazillion rehearsals...for those 12 seconds of costume fun. I 'love' ballet."

Unknown said...

Great photo! Can you print a copy?