Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Fewer Kennedy Catholics in Washington...

...the better.

Caroline Kennedy DECIDED to take her name out of the hat for the New York Senate seat vacated by Hillary Clinton.
"I informed Governor Paterson today that for personal reasons I am withdrawing my name from consideration for the United States Senate," Kennedy said.
Translated to layman's speak:
'I found out that stuff I've done in the past is now known. I'm avoiding the embarassment surely due to me if I take on public office.'
As for what Hillary thinks of all this, Fr. Barry points out that her mind is preoccupied with OTHER THINGS:
"Network news cameras covering Barack Obama's inauguration ceremony Tuesday captured Hillary Clinton silently moving her lips along with each word of the minute-long presidential oath of office..."
And because that's from the Onion, you know it's more likely to be true than if it were from MSNBC.

No comments: