Saturday, May 24, 2008

Chewbacca is Our Savior


According to George Lucas, CHEWBACCA was part dog and part man. This of course meant that Chewie was his own best friend, but nevertheless decided to be loyal to Hans. Hans surely would have had cloned Chewie had he had the option, as WE NOW DO. Best friends again. And again. Yes, we were all glad the dog/man mix was so well thought through by geniuses like Lucas, although I certainly wished as a child that I could have my own dog that could talk. I mean how great would that be. Thankfully, my childhood dream might just come true!!! You see, today we're one big step further from fiction and closer to medical reality.

Yippee, right?

The truth is, I had read THIS article about the U.K. passing legislation dismembering fatherhood from parenthood, and like most of you want to do (but probably don't because you have a better sense of propriety than I), I began long series of cuss words that my friends and co-workers have grown accustomed to when I read such things.

What's that got to do with Chewbacca? Well, I then did a little research and found out that hidden inside that bill was another, much MORE EVIL BIT that supports scientists gone mad and the society that blindly supports them: human/animal hybrid testing is now to be completely allowed. Not just any admixture, mind you. Cybrids are already being experimented with (Cybrids are about 99% human, 1% cow) But now were talking 50% animal, 50% man. Anything you want to do. Do it. Please. In the name of science and saving life. Don't forget your S.S. pin!

Oh, and by the way, the Human Fertilization and Embryology Bill also included a section on allowing 'savior siblings'. A savior sibling is a child whose clinical creation is for the sole purpose of harvesting parts so that they might be able to save the life of another child who may be sick or have defective parts.

God please be merciful. They know not what they do.

At least I hope they don't.

No comments: