Friday, May 2, 2008

In like Flynt

There are two things I can't believe about THE D.C. MADAM STORY, (that politicians were her clients is not one of them): that the conspiracy theorists took a whole day and a half after her suicide to bombard mainstream media; and that I actually agree with Larry Flynt about this whole suicide thing being highly doubtful.

I feel dirty just saying it.

And in an bizarre yet opportunistic prayer for what is in all likelihood a sad but true and inevitable fact, I find myself paralyzed with the thought that Flynt is right when he hints at privy knowledge of the whore's little black book:

"Let me put it this way, there were more Democrats on it than Republicans..."

At the same time, I can't help but noting a gaping hole in the logic of the article: Flynt purports that the only reason the story was of interest was "because of the number of Democrats who could be targeted by the Bush administration." Yet just before this claim, the article notes that

"Flynt was an integral part in keeping Palfrey's story public and worked with her and investigative reporter Dan Moldea to break the story that the phone number of Sen. David Vitter, R-La., was among those numbers in Palfrey's client list. Flynt targeted Vitter because he had campaigned for office on a family-values platform."

Um, those are mutually exclusive, Dufus. Are you the one who kept it alive in the media, or was it the Bush republicans? Oh my God. The other logical possibility is that both statements are equally true, which means that Larry Flynt is a Bush republican. In the words of Luke Skywalker: "Noooooooooooooooooooooo..."

Ok, I badmouthed him. I feel better.

No comments: