Saturday, June 7, 2008

Just Plane Fun

This ONE ADVERTISEMENT has been flying around the net and has almost restored my faith in the intelligence of newsprint editors.


Well, I'm bummed that it's a hoax, but it does crack me up. I do appreciate the marketing team that came up with this. It seems they're quite at ease with exposing their own Derrie-Air, even though the plane's design implies they want people to leaf their tail alone.

Some time ago, I ran across another advertisement that is a touch more cheeky. Or less, depending on your perspective. Actually, it puts the graphic in graphic design. The difference is that this one is actually a real company. I repeat: it is a real architectural firm. Some of their stuff is even attractive.


FROM THEIR WEBSITE, we learn that:
"Dick Busch Architects, based in Chesterfield, Missouri, has developed a reputation as being one of the premier architectural firms in the country. You will find, through our process, that we work closely with you to obtain an intimate understanding of your desires and thus are able to custom design a plan to completely fulfill your needs. Please browse our portfolio to see how we have done just that for past clients.
Oh my.

No comments: